Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Water

Did I tell you about giving blood?

On Sunday Hank was going to give blood at 1pm Mike & I decided to give blood too. We drive to the blood mobile parked in a church parking lot. It's air conditioned, which is good because it's like 90 degrees. Hank goes first. No problem. Mike chickens out. Me: they can't find a vein. Expert phlebotomist is called over. She sticks in this large gage needle. Nothing. Moves it around. Oh that hurts. Nothing. Try the other arm. The left one, that no one ever finds a vein in. She finds one. Sticks in the needle. I'm not looking. But I'm getting very anxious. She miraculously finds a vein & the blood starts flowing. But right away she sees a problem. Now two others are coming over to check my blood. Seems it's flowing too slowly. I squeeze my fist several times, still slow. They can't use my blood. See, there's an anticoagulant in the bag, so from the time the first blood hits the bag until it's filled should be only 15 minutes, or it's unusable.

They tell me to drink more water before giving blood next time.

So I'm thinking: if my blood is flowing that slowly, that can't be that good for my body. All my organs and muscles are getting nutrients slowly. Waste is being taken away slowly.

So I'm on a mission now to drink 8 glasses of water a day, at least. I did it Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I'm running to the bathroom all the time. And my pee is hardly even yellow.

Then I weighed myself today, Thursday, and guess what? I lost weight. 195.5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home