Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday-new week-new me

You can't see it, but I have this little post-it on the frame of my computer monitor that says:
• coffee
• exercise
• quicken

It's there to remind me what to do before I get involved in playing on my computer in the morning. I make the coffee first, so that it's ready when my exercises are done. Then I can work out. Then sit down to my computer with a cup of fresh coffee, and enter any receipts that are in my purse or laying around my desk. I've been bad about entering receipts into quicken & then have a rude awakening when I balance my check book.

DS13 reminded me that it takes 21 days to make a new habit, and only 1 day to break it.

I freely acknowledge that yesterday was a tough day for me.
We left the house at 8:30am, half an hour after I had wanted to get out. Stopped at NJIT to p/u DS18, then went down to visit my sister & her husband. DSis & DBIL

DSis & DBIL are mentally challenged, read on maybe 3rd grade level. She's a bagger at a supermarket. He's a porter at a rest stop on the parkway. They're married just over a year. They have an apartment & their staff from DRC looks in on them weekly.

We picked them up & went to the cemetery to unveil Dad's stone. I led the service mostly in English. Everyone (except DS6) read a little. We did my favorite version of "The Lord is my Shepherd" then Kaddish. We spent some time there, and at Mom's graveside, too. DSis & DBIL talked to them...they're very concrete thinkers. Oh it's so difficult to even think about. So sad. I think it's harder on DSis, being an orphan. I'm not a very good parental figure for her.

We went out to lunch at Chinese Buffet where I tried not to eat too much by having 2 soups, nothing fried, fruit for dessert.

DBIL was doing all these passive aggressive things: insulting, then apologising, saying it was just a joke. He's a real creep. I was against the marriage. I think he only wanted her for her apartment, as he was just kicked out of a group home & his brother refused to take him in. He insults the DRC staff & tried to get DSis away from them.

We went to the mall. Then food shopping for them & for DS18.

then we left at 3pm. Traffic was bad so we took the whole family out for dinner in Newark at a very nice diner. I had Greek salad, no meat. No dessert. OK a taste of DS13 & DS18's pies.

Then this morning my weight was 202. {sigh}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home