Saturday WI

I'm having a challenging time.
I did well all week...until last night.
1. TOM
2. 19th anniversary of my dear Mom's death
3. DH made beef ribs, which I love, & I had 3 @ 6 pts each
4. DS7 came down with chicken pox
5. I drank too much & cried
WI today: I was up .2
I've been thinking about self-talk lately. Particularly negative self-talk. We're all thinkers, have a internal dialog that runs all the time. I heard somewhere that the average person has 300 negative thoughts a day. Negative thoughts are ones that make you feel bad, sad, depressed, stressed, hopeless, & ashamed.
I bought a little spiral notebook to write down all my negative thoughts that I have during the day. And I'm going to turn them into a positive thought. Positive thoughts are the ones that make you feel comforted, safe, soothed, accepted, and loved.
It's the kind of support you would give to your child, sister, or best friend if they were having a difficult time.
Here's my negative thinking:
"I can handle problems in 1s and 2s, but I can't handle 3 or more problems at a time."
And turning it into positive self-talk:
"3 isn't a magic number. I can handle ANY number of problems 1 at a time. I'll get some exercise, take care of my little sickie. A .2 gain is almost like staying the same, it's not even a quarter pound, probably water from TOM, ribs & alcohol. Mom's watching from heaven, and she's so proud of me for losing 7.4 pounds, and raising 3 beautiful boys."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home