Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Slow Weight Loss Thoughts



I'm down .6! Yay! Woo Hoo!

OK it's not a great victory, but I'm getting closer to my 10% goal, AND I bought new pants today in a SMALLER SIZE! Yay! Woo Hoo!

At WI meeting, the power was off, but the scales were on backup power, so I was able to WI, but no meeting, which is why I lifted a challenge from the chain gang.

I've been thinking, that for those of us who are slow losers (show of hands: mine's up!), could use some sort of validation that we're really making the effort.

I'm down to the weight I was when DS8 was born. That's 8 years to gain 17 pounds. That's just half a pound a year. Now it's taken me 30 weeks to lose the same amount, slightly more than half a pound a week. Certainly it's a faster journey down than up! (Got to keep that in mind when I'm feeling discouraged!!)

Setting a "weight loss by so-&-so date" type goals don't work for me. They set me up for disappointment. I want to put the focus back on the effort. If I truly work the plan, the weight will come off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home