caren_25th
This week's subject is "What's the Rush?" We're bombarded with ads the promise miracle weight loss. But, really if I woke up at goal tomorrow, I wouldn't have all the weeks & months of learning how to control portions, plan for those high point meals, making good choices, and being accountable for everything I put in my mouth. I wouldn't have built up good habits over time. How long before my old habits would cause me to pack on the pounds again? No one wakes up all chipper saying, oooh I get to track points today, I get to work out, I get to weigh & measure foods. But WW is a lifestyle, so we got to know that even when we get to goal, we're going to have to keep up all these good habits, eat heathy foods, and WI regularly to stay steady. This is my lifestyle, not a life sentence.
What's the rush? Why do I have patience with other processes in our life, but expect quick weight loss? I've got to take the WW process, and not set date based goals, because that just leads me to disappointment. I've been OP for 5 months & haven't make 10%. I learned I have to play the cards I'm dealt, and that includes slow weight loss. But I don't want to give up on myself, so I keep going to meetings, keep posting here daily.
What's the rush? Even if I lose slowly, on average 1/2 pound a week, I'm moving in the right general direction. I'm healthier. My dr is happy. I'm a size smaller. If I stay OP, all this will be even more so this time next month, or next year. And I'll (try) not decide what I should weigh at those dates.
What's the rush? Why live in the past, how long the process takes, or the future, long until I get to goal? Instead I'm going to live in the moment, thing about good habits, healthy foods, tracking, portions, and the support of you, my friends.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home