Auspicious Weekend in San Fransisco

I flew out to San Fransisco for my friend, Debra's wedding this weekend. I walked a lot, and had wonderful sushi, drank too much, and was hung over for the flight back yesterday. And yet. I didn't throw up.
I ended up not tracking Sunday or Monday, but I'm back on track today.
I weighed myself & I'm up 1#, but could be from flying.
I've had some insight: I used to consider myself pretty in a plump, middle aged sort of way. I'm not plump anymore, but shapely; and although I'm still middle aged, from a distance, I look like a college student. And of course, I still think I'm beautiful.
My huge ego, and craving for admiration are my most egregious character flaws.
I think I used my extra weight like fat filling in the flaws of my character. Or like armor, or a chastity belt, to control my baser impulses. But I trust myself more & accept my flaws as overshadowed by my gifts: my optimism, open-mindedness, warmth, friendliness, creativity...well, forgive me as a ramble...I've gotten little sleep this past auspicious weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home