Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cravings & Urges

This week's topic is "Cravings & Urges"

Cravings are longing for a specific food (or food group). Urges are sudden desire for a food. Giving in occasionally is OK! As long as it's in a controlled way. If the food fits in the plan, eat it! Nothing is off limits with WW. If the full serving is too many points, have a small bit. Or choose a low point alternative.

We all have to deal with cravings & urges, but from now on, we have to do it better, so they don't take over.

With *Cravings* it's all about the food:
*acknowledge the craving
*avoid judgement
*consider the consequences
*ask what the craving implies (TOM, stress, celebration, etc)
*portion control or alternatives?

With *Urges* beware:
*remain calm
*remove temptation
*eat something else
*do something else
*take 10 minutes for the urge to pass

Finally, we all make mistakes. If the food is really more points than I have, and I eat it anyway, I don't beat myself up, I don't throw in the towel. I get right back OP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home