Running
I never thought I could be a runner. I had bad knees & a heart murmur. I'm not from an athletic family. I hated gym.
DH started running several years ago. He lost 40#s. Yet, I was still uninterested in running.
Last year I started WW (again) still believing myths that held me back from losing weight, including the running. With the help of the on-line community, it dawned on me that women my weight or more were running. I asked for advice. I prepared & took it slow.
I had to overcome the roadblocks I set up for myself:
The equipment was too expensive: the running shoes, bras, & ipod...DH was annoyed, but at that point we weren't speaking, so I didn't care. I was afraid people would stare, my flesh would jiggle, I would be embarrassed. I was afraid my knee would pop, and one week it did. But I recovered & got back to it.
Now I'm doing things I never thought possible. I signed up for a 5k run May 28!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home