Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Monday, April 30, 2007

This week's topic is "Keeping the weight off."

This week's topic is "Keeping the weight off."

I have every confidence that I'm going to lose weight, get to goal & keep it off. Even though I've not made it to goal before, I can feel like this, because I have better strategies in place. I know this isn't a diet, it's a life style change.

OK, so I've gotten close to goal in the past, and got over confident, thought I could go it on my own, and quit WW.

Some reasons why people gain back: fear of success, life happens, going back to "normal", etc.

This just goes to show that 99% of the weight loss process is mental. Change your mind, change your weight.

I asked at the meeting this week, "What do I do when I get to goal, and I no longer have the challenges? What's the challenge when the scale stops moving? When the compliments stop?"

Then we learned "Strategies for Successful Maintenance"
There's a national registry of people who lost over 50#, and kept it off for at least 5 years, and they were surveyed for the keys to their success:
-5 pound alarm (when they gain 5 pounds, they buckle down & lose the extra weight)
-Continue to eat wisely
-Continue to move more
-Stay connected w/support system (like us girls!)
-Maintain a positive outlook & behaviors
-Track their weight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home