Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Fiddler on the Roof

Sunday I took a walking tour of the historic lower east side of Manhattan.

I went to see "Fiddler on the Roof" Sunday night night at the community theater, the very prestigious Antrim Playhouse; it's been around 70 years. A friend from temple's daughter was in it, and she bought a block of seats. So anyway, I'm sitting there with all these familiar Jewish faces, and I'm going to miss that when I move. And it struck me that like Tevya, I'm leaving my familiar Jewish town.

People ask me all kinds of questions about the move. I feel kinda anxious when they ask about my work, and about synagogs, because I haven't found a job out there, and there isn't a temple closer than an hour away.

I learned on the tour that there are 3 stages of a religious community emigrating & building a congregation.
1. They pray in their homes & businesses
2. They buy an existing house of worship & repurpose it
3. They build a house of worship

Perhaps in Macomb, this is what we'll have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home