Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

"Facing Challenges"

This week's topic is "Facing Challenges"

Let's talk about threats to the weight loss effort. Night snacking, weekend tracking, temptations, sabotage, emotional eating, exercise avoidance, etc.

We're all different. We all have different weaknesses. But, guess what? Just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, we have the answer inside us all along. We know how to overcome our own challenges.

There's actually a formula for procrastination that works (IMHO) for weight loss effort (as well as other human motivation):

Desire to Complete Task (U) = Expectation of Success (E) x Value of Completion (V) / Immediacy of Task (I) x Personal Sensitivity to Delay (D), or U=ExV/IxD.

Procrastination Article

My challenge is tracking on the weekends. I think I'll be able to do it, I'm highly motivated, and I've been successful so far. I just have to treat weekends like weekdays, when my routines rule.

WI was good: down 1.8. Then I went to the gym, did 50 minutes on the elliptical, & lifted weights, too.

Looking back at previous posts, I noticed I didn't say that DS19 is now attending community college. He reports he's doing well & that it was a mistake not to transfer sooner. But no regrets, as even mistakes make us who we are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home