Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Winning Outcome"

This week's topic is "Winning Outcome"

A Winning Outcome is one of WW's Tools for Living. It's a goal that is:
1. Positive *what you want rather than what you don't want
2. Specific *exactly how you will see yourself at goal (or mini goal)
3. Within your control *something you can do rather than change some one else
4. A good fit with your life *realistic changes you are able to keep long term

So, despite my gung ho attitude, focus, motivation, etc. I was off the chain. You know Fleetwood Mac's *The Chain* runs through my head? "I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain."

It was when I was eating out that I broke my chain.

So I', going to think of a Winning Outcome that's related to eating out:
•My goal is to stay OP, even when I eat out. I'll fill an index card on one side with the points for choices at the restaurant I'm going to on one side. I'll keep a small pencil & the index card in my pocket, & discreetly write what I eat & the points.
1. That's positive, it's about what I will do.
2. It' specific, I can see myself doing it.
3. It's within my control, takes some planning ahead
4. Fits in my lifestyle. OK, I might be embarrassed if someone saw me writing. But I want to lose weight so much, I kinda don't care.

Do I see myself writing down foods I eat at a restaurant 6 months from now? A year from now? Yes, I could very well be doing that.

I could say "I have this idiosynchcracy (sp), but hey, I lost 20 pounds this way, so what if you think I"m odd."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home