Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Monday, December 18, 2006

"That Week 1 Feeling"


This week I got the new WW material, so I'm trying to recapture that week 1 feeling. You know, the excited-with-my-new-toy feeling. I remember how I poured over all the reading. Finding what clicked with me, and puzzling over what didn't. It was motivating & enlightening.

Maybe I was getting a bit jaded. Like I could do this in my sleep. So I want to feel like this is a fresh start. I took some quiet time, and read from cover to cover. Did I get the feeling? Hmm, sort of.

I'm not expecting magic, maybe that's the difference I'm feeling. So that's good; realistic. Because, there is no magic. In fact the booklet says for many dieters, weight loss is temporary. 72% of lifetime members maintain 5% or more loss after 2 years. Moderate success, but still better than most weight loss programs.

The hardest thing for me to accept is: I'm going to eat this way for a lifetime. I had told myself I would give it at least a year, so I can experience all the holidays, birthdays, vacations & other things a year can bring. But now I have to tell myself: I will do this for the rest of my life. Sure, I'll go OP, break my chain of OP days some time or other. But overall, this is it, this is how it's going to be.

"This is how it's going to be" that's my new Week 1 feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home