Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Instant Gratification




The topic this week is "Instant Gratification."

Anything important & significant takes time. I know I have to put time & effort into other (non-weight related) things like saving money, getting an education, raising kids, learning to ride a bike, etc.

I have to really accept that weight loss takes time too. And I *will* have a set back or slip up sometime.

What if my kid was learning to ride a bike & fell? Would I tell him: "Give up, you'll never learn, it's too hard"? No, I would gently encourage him to get right back on, and keep trying until he succeeds.

The difference between try & triumph is a little "umph!" How I react to set backs and slip ups will determines my success.

Today's WI I lost 1.4, but I really wanted to lose 1.8, so I could meet my 25# "turkey" goal. So here I am, with a wonderful loss, and I have to wait some more. I'm so close, it's kinda frustrating. Yet how can I really be disappointed with a nice big loss? The "turkey" is so important & significant to me, it's worth waiting for, working for, yes, & delaying instant gratification for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home