Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Crossroads

Recently, maybe just before New Years, I had a dawning that my nightly vodka on the rocks was holding me back. Sure, I was saving 2 pts for a jigger of vodka. But maybe DH & I poured with a heavy hand. At the same time I wasn't getting all my milk servings in. I didn't want to spend the points on it. I was living in some dark mirror world of the Healthy Guidelines, where I had to make sure I had points left to get my daily serving of alcohol. LOL!

So I gave up my vodka, and replaced it with fat free milk as a nightcap. Cold milk, warm milk, warm milk with nutmeg and/or cinnamon. Whatever. Same 2 pts. And I started to lose consistently. Wow!

Now the Crossroads. Last week I'm stressed out, and DH offers a drink at bedtime. I say OK. Next day the same. Third night, I say no.

Why didn't I have a drink? I was scared. One night's a fluke. Two nights is a slip up. But three nights, that's a bad habit.

Crossroads 2: DS19 is having problems, so yesterday DH suggests he needs a beer. In the same way he offers me a drink when I'm stressed. DS19 refused, shocked that he would offer, and correctly read the shock on my face, said I agreed with him. DH says it's just a treat, he needs one to cheer him up.

So now I know I'm living with someone who deals with stress with alcohol, and albeit with good intentions, pushes his unhealthy choices on me. I have to be strong, and say no firmly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home