Birthday Redux

I'm up 1 pound. I'm being philosophical about it, after all, I wanted to stick with WW at least a year so I can say things like: so this is what my birthday is like on program. In the case of this year, it's one big point meal, using almost all my WPAs, staying OP, but still gaining 1 pound.
So what have I learned? That I'm not perfect, I still have impulse control issues. I also learned that (for me at least) if I eat all my WPAs I'll gain.
So let's think about Thanksgiving in 2 weeks. It's a holiday that revolves around food. I remember my Mom used to love Thanksgiving. She would set the table with the red table cloth, with a white lace table cloth over it, use the good china, and set the glasses & silver all according to Post. Then Mom would put out the bird, all done golden brown. And then take a picture of it. So it's kinda funny, because we have pictures every year of the table with a turkey, and no idea which year it was. OK so really pix of people were taken, too. But don't you love that moment when everything is beautiful, and you anticipate the food and all?
Thanksgiving is part of my journey. It's not next to it, or on the side of the road. It's right smack dab in front of me, and in 2 weeks I"m going to go through it & come out the other side no worse for wear. Remember there's 21 meals in a week. Thanksgiving week, would I be OK to gain a little, stay the same, or lose a little? Yes! I'd be satisfied with any of those options
Right now, I am 3.8 pounds away from my 10% goal. It's not realistic to expect to lose that in one week. WW recommends 1 to 2 pound a week. And it's not realistic to expect to lose it over Thanksgiving, either, since I'm OK with a little gain. So I"m looking at 3+ weeks before I get to goal. Can I be OK with THAT? Hmm. Let me ruminate

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home