November 6 2006

This is me in my size 14 jeans.
I went out to dinner at the mall last night for my birthday. I was annoyed with the Cheesecake Factory. (no t.p. in the ladies room, I stood around trying to tell someone, but was ignored). So we went to Chili's. I wasn't prepared, I didn't know the points before I ordered, and I had a BIG POINT dinner.
Steak & Portobello Fajitas [1 Skillet w/o tortillas] 29 pts
half of Molten Chocolate Cake w/Vanilla Ice Cream 15 pts.
Hank says the fajitas are grilled; well those veggies came glistening with fat. And then he surprises me with the cake, which I also didn't know the points for. He's saying, you deserve to splurge. Well, there's a million things I deserve, but can't afford. But, I didn't say anything. And the cake was really good.
I was going to just figure I was off program, but I entered every bite I ate in my tracker, and WOW I didn't use all my WPAs, I actually have 6 left over!
This is good because I'm supposed to go out to lunch with my friends from work on Friday to celebrate my birthday.
OK, it's only Tuesday, I'm still "On Program," I'm going to do 30 min rowing, & I still have 6 WPAs left. But I'm afraid that I won't have a loss this week. What if I have a gain?
Here's what I learned:
1. Don't assume grilled food is healthy
2. Exercise can give me wiggle room
3. Plan what I eat before I go
4. Don't assume a big point meal puts me off program

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home