Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Friday, February 22, 2008

ANT Extermination

The topic of the week is "Getting Rid of ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts)"

Negative thoughts, like ants, show up uninvited and are hard to completely get rid of. You think they're gone, but how many did you miss? Will they breed? Even if you've been on WW a long time, even lifetime, ANT infestations can happen.

Fight the ANTs with positive self talk & focusing on past success.

At WI yesterday, I was down .6, my ANTs: I thought it would be more. At this rate this is going to take forever to get to goal.

But I turned it around: any loss is a good loss, never say "I only lost __", the scale is moving in the right direction, I've lost 40 pounds, I'm 2/3 of the way to goal.

Persistent ANTs crawl back: half a pound a week, that's 40 weeks for 20 pounds, 4 weeks a month, that's 10 months for 20 pound, I won't get to goal until New Years.

Killing the ANTs: Maybe I'll lose faster, I can't accurately predict my weight loss. And even if it DOES take a long time, I'll get to goal & stay there. Sure, I want to do it in half the time. Or less. It takes as long as it takes. I'm going to stay on WW for life. New Years will come; no matter when I get to goal, and will see me in a smaller size, at a healthier weight.

What are your ANTs, and how do you exterminate them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home