Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

The Twilight Zone

Between dinner and bedtime, I enter the twilight zone. I'm tired, stressed and wide open to overeating. What kind of overeating? Seconds on dinner, dessert, a drink, or a handful of crackers, pretzels or other crunchy, starchy, salty snack.

I overeat with the best of intentions, trying to get a good result using faulty methods. In this case, I try to relieve stress by enjoying food, but it's a faulty cure because it leads to more stress, because of guilt, disappointment, and being physically larger, more lethargic, not fitting in my nice clothes.

Today I'm changing the Twilight Zone into Pampering Prime Time. It's a time for a manicure/pedicure, color my hair, read a book, take a bubble bath, or phone a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home