Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Diet & Budget

I've been working on my budget for a few months now. It's going better than my diet, actually. So I've been thinking about how I can apply some of the same principles of budgeting that have been successful for me to my weight loss effort.

1. You can always spend more than you make.
-You can always eat more calories than you use.

2. Sacrifice you wants now, so you can reap the benefits later.
-Pass up second helpings, unhealthy snacks and desserts now, exercise now, to be strong, healthy & live longer.

3. A written budget means giving every dollar purpose on paper before it's spent.
-A written eating plan maps out every meal, every calorie, beforehand.

4. If it's not on the budget, don't spend it.
-If it's not on the diet, don't eat it.

5. If you want to change the budget, you can do so, if you find the money from another category, or bring in some more money.
-If I want to eat something off the plan, cut back somewhere else, or burn more calories.

6. If you don't exercise, you won't lose weight.
- If you ignore your financial woes, you'll stay in debt.

7. Sit down with your significant other to do a written plan
-Plan your meals with your family for support. .


Have I missed any other comparisons of diet & budget?

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the translations between $$ and food!

SO TRUE!!!!!!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Caren, this is great. I was supposed to make a budget with the Dave Ramsey thing. It all got put down on paper and is now collecting dust on the shelf under the printer. Wow, I need to take that out and take another look with fresh eyes. And I need to go back to point tracking.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home