Fit Club Journal

A journal of my journey to fitness, where I can write about my emotional state, weight, exercise log, & inspirations.

Monday, May 04, 2009

The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start: Day 3


OK, a little weird starting my blog with "day 3" but I didn't think about blogging this before, so here goes. Today is about being selfish with my time. I need to put myself upon a pedestal, find time for fitness, planning meals, cooking healthy foods, and reading, because I have to keep my head in the game.

Also weird is that I found my drive again. Just one day, I started tracking every bite I ate online at sparkpeople.com. I started running the Couch to 5K program (C25K) again. I ran a 5K two years ago, this time, I'm training with DS10, and it's so cool to have a young, enthusiastic running buddy. And I borrowed a book from the library: The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start (BL). It has some great recipes and easy exercises. Seems like it's for people who need to ramp up. In some way's I'm further along, and in other ways it's just what I need. Well, no book can be all things for all people!

I put the stepper in my bedroom, and stepped for 20 minutes last night while watching TV. Really worked up a sweat! I followed up with what the BL book calls mobility exercises. I guess for people who don't exercise at all. I used to go to the gym a lot, but slacked off since we moved 2 years ago.

After work today I'm running C25K week 2, day 3 (W2D3) with DS10. Then I'll do the mobility exercises from the BL book.

So where did the motivation come from? I was down to 2 pairs of pants that fit (poorly). I decided that it's ok to want to lose weight to look good. I don't have to have a higher, finer reason, like health, or running a marathon. And it's OK that I start something new to get motivated. The Wii Fit was fun, but I crave novelty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home